Next week is our Catholic Social Teaching week focused on the theme- Option for the Poor and Vulnerable. Therefore, our EBL question will be focused on this theme instead of our Anglo-Saxons topic.
What are the needs of those in a poor area compared with those in a rich area?
- What is the definition of the word ‘poverty’?
- What are basic needs and how are these different to things that we want?
- What ‘material needs’ do we have to lead a happy and full life?
- What ‘emotional needs’ do we have to lead a happy and full life?
- What ‘spiritual needs’ do we have to lead a happy and full life?
- What effect does poverty have on someone’s material/emotional/spiritual needs?
- How difficult do you think it is for people who have very little to change their circumstances for the better?
Due on Tuesday 28th February 2023