Our School Council consists of two representatives from Years 2 to 6.
They meet with Mrs Finnegan to discuss issues that affect them in school and share ideas about health, safety and things they would like to change or improve in our school. The Chairperson and secretary are elected members of Year 6.
They are involved in decision making in school. It is our school and we take responsibility for making sure that every child is heard.
School Councillors meet the Dudley Lord Mayor
Today, the Y5 & Y6 Councillors met the Lord Mayor at Dudley Council House. Councillor Laura Taylor, who came to school to talk with the school council in March, arranged for the children to visit the Lord Mayor & sit in his official chair in the Council Chambers. The children had the opportunity to ask many questions about his official clothes and chains, he wears when he attends official event.
Councillor Dave Tyler was officially sworn in on 18 May 2017 as the first citizen of the borough at a civic ceremony in front of a packed council chamber.
“It is a huge honour and a privilege to be Mayor of this borough and something I am proud to take on.
Councillor Tyler also named his wife Barbara as Mayoress who will accompany him on civic visits and fly the flag for the borough.
Mrs Finnegan & the children had a great afternoon & even had time for tea & biscuits in the Lord Mayors Office!
If if you would like to find out more about the Lord Mayor, follow the link below:
We have made changes to our school, through the School Council, for example;
- New dinner plates, bowls and cups
- New games for the playground
- New classrooms tables and chairs
- Classrooms being painted and decorated
- New IPads
- New resources for learning
- Chickens in Forest School
- Mirrors in KS2 toilets
- New signs for new build outside
- Playground signs
- Cookery club
- lockers for KS2-
- new computers
- use of computers/IPads at lunchtime
- more I pads for each class- Y5 & YR- IWB, Tablets and Giant Ipad on trial- wasn’t a success!
- decorate the classrooms and library area
- more displays
- new equipment for PE in the hall
- work with Matt the Artist to design the walls in the library- new
- more science with high schools
- new artwork in Welcome Area
- more time in Forest School
- fence for forest schools
- more trees
- animals in school
- new classroom furniture
- new tables and chairs
- KS1 toilets – painted and decorated- getting quotes
- Swimming pool- no
- More time on the field- summer term
- Gardening club- Mrs Morris
- More play equipment for lunchtimes- HAS
- Poly Tunnel for Forest School- will be fitted in Spring 2017
- KS1 play area?
- KS1 Football team?
- Bird feeders around the school
- Green house- HSA funds
- Lunch box cupboard- being purchased
- Board games for Golden Time- HSA
- Dog poo in Gully- parents complained, Mrs F had the inspectors out- new bins provided- Governors & School Council have written to Council
- New designs on the playground- quotes being sought
- Polly tunnel for forest school
- Musical Theatre Group for Sept 16
- Ipad covers
- Arts week in school- every year
- Develop the pond - Fundrasing
- KS2 girls football team
- New cutlery, plates, bowls and trays
- Research centre Rota
- Giant sleepover
- New pupil planner for KS2
- Video camera for forest school
- Badges for groups- ict wizards, school councillors
- Sports Leaders for lunchtimes
- Toast at playtime- huge success
- New dining room tables
- Own kitchen