Ruth Miskin Literacy are uploading new phonics lessons every day to their Youtube page. The majority of Year 1 children will benefit from watching the Set 2 and Set 3 video lessons. Please see the link below.
Cosmic Kids Yoga
Cosmic Kids Yoga provide fantastic videos for children to join in with to keep them active. The videos make yoga and mindfulness fun for children by telling their favourite stories through yoga poses and actions. There are loads of videos to choose from!
Maths Challenge Ideas
1. Help your grown up to cook a meal by weighing out some of the ingredients.
2. Learn your 2 times table.
3. Make a repeating pattern using items in your house (e.g. socks, pegs, cutlery)
4. Go on a 3D shape hunt around the house.
5. What’s the question? Choose a number from 1-20 and write as many calculations as you can that have the same answer. E.g. if my number is 13, 6+7=13, 10+3=13, 15-2=13, etc.
6. Go on a coin hunt around the house (and maybe down the back of the sofa!) What coins can you find? Can you sort them? Do you recognise them all? Can you count how much you’ve found?