Below you will find a list of on going skills that children can practise whilst at home. Following each skill, you will find some activity ideas and online resources for the children to use.
- By the end of Year 1, children need to be fluent in their number bonds to 10 and 20. This means they need to be able to confidently recall which numbers add together to make each number.
Hit the button is a brilliant resource to help children develop this skill. Children in Year 1 will benefit from practising the following skills:
- Number bonds - Up to 10 (Make 10, Addition Within 10, Missing Numbers (+ and -)
- Number bonds - Up to 20 (Make 20, Addition Within 20, Subtraction within 20, U+U+U)
- Doubles - to 10, from 5-15, from 10-20.
- Halves - to 10, from 5-15, from 10-20.
It is really important that all children continue to read every day. Oxford Owl has a wonderful selection of ebooks for the children to read from home. Please use the following log in details to access them.