If you want to join us for zoom cricket, here is what you will need...
- A bat (cricket bat preferrable but tennis racket can be used to. Hockey sticks if anyone wants a challenge) If at home and they don’t have these, try a big pan, chopping board or broom handle
- 5 cones per person, if at home use suitable targets likes shoes etc.
- 1 ball each or a rolled up pair of socks.
Worcestershire Cricket is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 512 824 9024
Can I understand how tallys are used to show information?
Our new text is Escape From Pompeii by Christina Balit.
Give these three YouTube videos a watch, and choose your favourite (each link will open a new tab) for the task below...
Answer the following questions about the piece of music you chose. You can either write this down, or discuss with your family.
- 1. Describe the instrument being played. What shape and size is it?
2. Describe the materials used to make this instrument
3. How do you think it makes a sound? Can you work what the performer does to create this sound?
4. How did this music make you feel? Choose an emoji if you'd like!
It's time to make a kitchen utensil band! First, make sure the adults in the house are OK with this, and maybe even get them to join in too.
- Find some suitable items from the kitchen that you think will make some good sounds... like a saucepan, spoon, ladle, spatula, whisk etc.
- Using a grid separated into four beats, make a graphic score showing when each sound is going to be made.
We've prepared an example for you, and you can download this, as well as a template grid to print at home below
Try playing each part, then with the help of others in the house, all the parts together.