Today we are going to complete a creative writing challenge. We will be talking through our ideas in the live session but the PPT below gives you some creative ideas for a story topic. Don't forget to apply all of your writing skills to this creative writing challenge:
- Spelling- Use dictionaries, 'Have a Go' like we do in No Nonsense Spellings
- Punctuate your writing- full stops, capital letters, question marks, exclamation marks, commas, inverted commas, ellipsis, apostrophes, brackets
- Vocabulary- adjectives for expanded noun phrases, fronted adverbials, adverbs, similes, parenthesis, personification etc.
- Conjunctions- Co-ordinating FANBOYS and Subordinating I SAW A WABUB
- Open you sentences in different ways- Fronted adverbials, ask a question
- Neatest joined up handwriting
Writing paper- There are multiple pages so DO NOT PRINT ALL, to avoid wasting your printer ink. Just select the page you would like to use.