Home Page

Covid-19 Government Updates

COVID Risk Assessment (Updated 6.09.21)


Latest advice:

In line with government guidance, children and fully vaccinated staff who are close contacts no longer need to isolate. If your child is identified as a close contact, you will be contacted by NHS Test and Trace and they will provide you with advice and guidance about what you need to do.

Households of nursery, school and college aged children are strongly encouraged to take part in twice weekly lateral flow testing. This is because 1 in 3 people have coronavirus without displaying symptoms. If all families participate, it gives us the best chance of keeping our school safe and avoiding further transmission.

For information on how to access lateral flow test kits visit tests

What to do if your child develops symptoms of coronavirus (COVID 19): If your child develops symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), they should:

 isolate immediately and arrange a test via or by calling 119.

The rules on self-isolation have changed. Close contacts of a positive case (including households) no longer need to self-isolate if they are:
 fully vaccinated
 are under the age of 18 and 6 months
 can’t have the vaccination for medical reasons
 or have taken part in or are currently part of an approved COVID-19 vaccine trial


Any household members that are over 18 and 6 months and are not fully vaccinated will need to isolate. The main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are:
 a new, continuous cough,
 or a high temperature,
 or a loss of, or change in, their normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia).


In addition to the above main Covid-19 symptoms, if your child develops any of the following symptoms, it is also recommended they arrange a PCR test:
 loss of appetite
 sore throat 
 extreme tiredness
 sneezing
 headache
 diarrhoea
 joint or muscle ache
 vomiting
 nausea
 rash
 runny nose or congestion.

This is because these other symptoms have also been linked to Covid-19 infection. Individuals with any of these other symptoms (apart from diarrhoea and vomiting) can carry on attending their setting if they are well enough to do so.
For more information please visit

If your child does develop symptoms, you can seek advice from the website at

If you are concerned about your child’s symptoms, or they are worsening you can seek advice from NHS 111 at or by phoning 111.

Further information is available at


By following these measures, we will continue to keep everyone safe.

Thank you for your continued support.

Christine Finnegan (Headteacher)

Look what we achieved during Covid 19